Do you want to manage and lead a team of Safety Advisors working with drug safety in clinical development?
As Head of Global Safety Surveillance – Innovative you will have the responsibility for overseeing and managing the safety of LEO Pharma’s innovative product portfolio and for driving global safety risk management for these products.
You will head up a department of 10-12 Safety Advisors working with several investigational products; two of them being fully human monoclonal antibodies – one for the treatment of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis and the other for the treatment of moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Global Safety Surveillance has two departments: Global Safety Surveillance – Innovative (GSSI) and Global Safety Surveillance – Established (GSSE). GSSI has the safety surveillance responsibility for LEO Pharma’s development projects and GSSE has the safety surveillance responsibility for LEO Pharma’s marketed products. The Heads of GSSI and GSSE both refer to the Director, Head of Global Safety Surveillance (GSS) and are part of the Global Safety Leadership Team headed by the Vice President, Head of Global Safety.
LEO Pharma’s ambitions
LEO Pharma has embarked on a growth journey to become the preferred dermatology care partner in the world, dedicated to help people achieve healthy skin. We have recently introduced our 2025 strategy, which aims to accelerate our efforts in innovative therapeutics while strengthening our established portfolio and our global footprint in medical dermatology. Dermatology is an area of rapid growth and LEO Pharma is rapidly changing from primarily focusing on topical treatments, to being at the forefront of scientific advancements to help patients.
We are offering a job with considerable individual responsibility and challenges, and the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills. As Head of GSSI, your main focus is to manage and lead your team, perform people management tasks such as developing your employees, building capabilities and maximizing resources. Together with the Head of GSS and the Head of GSSE you will set the global safety risk management strategies, governance and processes to ensure compliance with international and national regulations in order to minimise risks to humans and enhance the safety development and maintenance of LEO products. Global Safety is currently transforming to become more proactively engaged in clinical development as well as in life cycle management. You will therefore have the responsibility to ensure a scientific mindset and contribution to relevant development projects.
People know you for being proactive and result-driven, as well as for your ability to take ownership. You are great at analysing and finding solutions, while being open to new ideas and inputs from others. You have a good eye for details without losing the big picture. You are an excellent collaborator and communicator and have ability to motivate others to adapt to new processes and understand how to build efficient working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a Medical Doctor (MD) degree. Alternatively, a university degree within natural sciences (DVM, MSc. Pharm., Human Biology or equivalent)
- You have 3+ years of managerial experience from leadership positions
- You have 5+ years of experience from the pharmaceutical industry in pharmacovigilance/drug safety departments and/or medical/clinical development
- A solid understanding of medical concepts, disease processes, scientific methodology, drug development and data analysis is very important, documented scientific training (e.g. PhD) and experience from interactions with regulatory authorities will be an additional advantage
- A proactive and open-minded approach
- Since the job involves multiple tasks with fixed deadlines ongoing at the same time, the ability to focus, stay calm and work independently as well as in teams, is a necessity
- Strong collaboration skills and experience from working in cross functional teams
- Good and strong written and verbal English skills
We are a dedicated and ambitious team
Global Safety Surveillance consists of 30+ dynamic colleagues striving to safeguard our patients and to improve the quality of our processes and developing our competencies to meet the need of the patients and other stakeholders, internally as well as externally. We are driven by a high level of integrity, science, passion for our work and an open minded approach.
The position is placed in the LEO Pharma headquarters in Ballerup.
For more information
Please contact Director, Head of Global Safety Surveillance Christina Virkelyst Tvermoes at +45 41736582.
We look forward to read your application
Please send your application no later than 15 November 2018.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.