Amgen is the world’s largest independent biotechnology company. For more than four decades, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a Medical Advisor for our hematology portfolio. In this role you will be the responsible person for the medical insights into data and science in hematology, for discussing the data with doctors and other collaborators and for exploring potential collaborations to generate data and scientific or clinical knowledge. You will be responsible for the medical education within the therapy area both externally and to the internal teams.
In this role you will be part of a team working closely together.
We are looking for a profile that can successfully communicate and discuss complex cutting-edge scientific information to healthcare decision makers. You should have a strong interest in working with external stakeholders and have a strong track record in building impactful relationships within the Danish healthcare environment as well as within internal teams.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing the medical expertise and training/education to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the digital journey in Amgen Denmark. Together with medical and commercial colleagues responsible for the digital training platform incl. continuous adjustment and development
- Engage with healthcare stakeholders to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives
- Engage with and manage key external relationships within hematology to educate and communicate clinical value and scientific data
- Educate in and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to key stakeholders
- Support speaker training and ensure that speakers are updated on new data
- Doctoral degree or Master’s degree in a Pharmaceutical or Health Science
- Preferably > two years of experience in hematology from clinical practice, research or experience Scientific/Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Understanding of drug development and clinical research
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Danish and English
- Strong skills in discussing and translating science
- Strong communicator who thrives in interacting with stakeholders about science, studying ideas and understanding the data
- A team player
- Excellent ability to connect key business objectives to own area of focus and have a high drive to take action
- Take responsibility, are pro-active and have a can-do attitude
- Are a creative and independent thinker who can develop and persuasively articulate ideas and solutions that may be different from the prevailing or conventional view
- Enjoy and get energized by building relationships and know how to use influence effectively in a variety of settings, both within the company and with external stakeholders, including health care providers, public officials, patient organizations and other relevant parties
- Possess the strong interpersonal acumen that is necessary to deal with a broad range of individuals, backgrounds, and perspectives in a collaborative, strategic, and consensus-driven manner
- Demonstrate strong project management and scientific affairs skills
The position is based in our brand-new office in Ballerup, but flexibility like working from home when relevant is provided. Business travel within Denmark is part of the job. The Medical Advisor reports to the Medical Director, Amgen Denmark. This position comes with a competitive remuneration package. To apply please go to Amgen.dk.