Are you a medical doctor in oncology/hematology and are you interested in medicinal products? Are you passionate about making a difference for patients and would you like to strengthen Denmark’s impact on the pharmaceutical field in the EU? Are you looking for a job outside the clinic or are you working in the pharmaceutical industry and would you like to try something new? Then come and join a strong professional environment at the Danish Medicines Agency.
About the Danish Medicines Agency
The Danish Medicines Agency is Denmark’s national regulatory authority for the licensing and monitoring of medicinal products, medical devices and clinical trials. We are around 400 employees based in Copenhagen. We collaborate with our colleagues from the other European drug regulatory authorities through the European Medicines Agency (EMA). We participate in various professional working parties with other experts, and Denmark has a seat on all the European committees for medicinal products.
Our vision is to be a key driver in the European collaboration, secure a strong international position and contribute to making Denmark a leading life science nation. The Danish Medicines Agency is characterized by strong professional expertise and commitment, and you will be joining a fantastic workplace. We are busy, but we are also having a great time.
About Medical Evaluation & Biostatistics
You will be employed in the division Medical Evaluation & Biostatistics (MED). The majority of medical officers at the Danish Medicines Agency are working in this division. At the moment, we are 39 committed and highly qualified employees. The division has three units: the Cancer Unit, the Internal Medicine Unit and the Unit for Veterinary Evaluation. You will be employed in the Cancer Unit. Your colleagues include medical officers, pharmacists, toxicologists, pharmacometrics specialists and statisticians. We are working in an interdisciplinary environment, often in small teams. The division also employs 22 part-time specialists within a wide range of areas who provide important specialist expertise.
Depending on your qualifications, the position may include the following tasks:
- assessment of clinical data related to efficacy and safety risks of oncologic or hematologic products.
- advice for the pharmaceutical industry on the development of new medicinal products (scientific advice).
- participation in European pharmaceutical committees or groups of experts – depending on your qualifications.
- answers to medicine-related questions from doctors, hospitals and citizens, the media and politicians.
- participation in the professional supervision of the division’s full-time and part-time medical officers and other academic employees.
- risk assessments in connection with short supply situations.
- contribution to information on medicinal products via summaries of product characteristics and to the regulation of medicinal products in the Danish health service.
The position may also include other tasks matching your professional experience and qualifications within the oncology or hematology area.
We expect that you hold specialist medical qualifications in oncology or hematology and that you have significant experience within your field of excellence. The experience may come from the pharmaceutical industry.
Registration of specialist qualifications is a requirement.
To apply for this position, you also need to:
- have scientific and professional expertise and clinical experience
- have an interest in and a flair for assessing clinical research
- be able to combine and balance attention to details with a pragmatic approach
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- be motivated by working in an international environment where English is the working language, and you speak and write English proficiently
- be able to stay focused, maintain control of the situation and meet deadlines.
What we offer
You will be working at an international workplace with collaboration partners throughout Europe via the European Medicines Agency. You will become part of a dynamic and professional environment with competent and energetic colleagues, and you will be offered supplementary and further training within relevant areas. We offer a flexible work organization and you can to a high degree plan your own working schedule. You will have challenging and varied tasks and you will be using and developing your skills within a wide range of tasks. We offer an informal working environment characterized by dedication, humor and mutual respect.
About the employment
Employment as a chief medical officer will be in accordance with the framework agreement on contract employment of government executives.
Employment as a senior medical officer will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Medical Association.
It is a prerequisite for the employment that you do not own shares or similar in a pharmaceutical company. If you own shares or similar in a pharmaceutical company, which according to the tax rules is regarded as employee shares or similar, you will be given a certain timeframe to sell them.
For more information about the positions, please contact Doris Hovgaard, Head of Unit and Chief Medical Officer, on tel. +45 93 59 01 56
Read more about the Danish Medicines Agency at www.dkma.dk
Are you interested in the positions?
Please click ”Søg job/Apply” and send us your application, CV and diploma. Job interviews are expected to be held in week 6. We welcome all qualified applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, disability and ethnic origin.
From January 1st 2018, The Danish Medicines Agency have non-smoking working hours.
We encourage everyone who are interested to apply to the position – regardless of age, gender, religion, disabilities or ethnicity.