A clinical position as consultant of one of the following specialties at the Emergency Department at Zealand University Hospital is open for appointment from as soon as possible
- Internal Medicine: Cardiology
- Internal Medicine: Endocrinology
- Internal Medicine: Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Internal Medicine: Geriatrics
- Internal Medicine: Haematology
- Internal Medicine: Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine: Nephrology
- Internal Medicine: Respiratory Medicine
- Internal Medicine: Rheumatology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
The position as consultant is combined with a 5-year externally funded position as clinical research associate professor at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
With this new position the Emergency Department at Zealand University Hospital wishes to strengthen the leadership in clinical research and teaching in collaboration with the University of Copenhagen.
It is a requirement that the applicant is accepted for appointment of both the clinical research associate professorship and the clinical position.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Emergency Department has doctors, nurses, practice nurses, medical secretaries and one social and healthcare assistant working together to look after the 57,000 or so patients a year who come to us.
The Emergency Department also operates the Region Zealand advice line in conjunction with the Region’s three other emergency departments (Holbæk, Slagelse and Nykøbing Falster).
The 24/7 A&E function at Roskilde is also part of the Emergency Department.
Here, we receive, assess and treat injured patients.
Clinical functions and focus areas of the department…
We receive, assess and treat accident and emergency patients 24/7. Patients are:
· Referred from GPs or out-of-hours medical services
· Referred from the emergency advice line
· Brought in by ambulance
After triage and treatment, some patients can be sent home, possibly for follow-up by their GP or outpatient monitoring; others have to be admitted for observation or further treatment and diagnosis.
De department is characterized by a high level of professionalism, a strong focus on training, innovation, teamwork and emergency response.
Research and teaching…
The Department performs an extensive training function for doctors undergoing basic clinical training, medical students, student nurses and trainee medical secretaries.
With the new position as consultant of emergency medicine and clinical research associate professor of emergency medicine the Emergency Department wishes to strengthen leadership in clinical research and teaching.
For the position as consultant
- Experience with handling all kinds of emergency patients
- An ability to create flow of patients while still ensuring the safe and relevant treatment
- A keen interest in overlooking the clinical processes of the Emergency Department
- Formal and practical education in the supervision and teaching of junior doctors as well as other staff members.
- Excellent skills in cooperation, both with the other staff members of the Emergency Department and with consultants from specialized departments
- Preferably documented experience in working with organization change and project and/or research management involving younger colleagues
Applicants for a position as consultant must be board-certified specialist in a specialty relevant for acute activities.
In order to be considered, the applicant must send an application to both the Faculty (the clinical research associate professorship) and to the hospital (the clinical position) cf. the simultaneously advertised position of the clinical research associate professorship. Appointment is conditioned by the fact that the applicant obtains both positions. This also applies to the applicants who are already employed as consultants at Zealand University Hospital.
Salary and conditions of employment as consultant are as agreed between the Danish Regions and the Danish Association of Medical Specialists and between the Capital Region/Region Zealand and University of Copenhagen.
As clinical research associate professor at least 50 % of the working time will be allocated to academic tasks (e.g. research, teaching, evaluation tasks and communication with the public) in agreement with the Head of Department of Clinical Medicine at the University of Copenhagen. The remaining time will be allocated for clinical work in agreement with the head of the Emergency Department.
The application must include the following
- Curriculum Vitae and a complete list of publications
- A description of how the applicant is qualified as
For more information please refer to https://sundhedsstyrelsen.dk/en/news/2013/the-seven-roles-of-physicians.
For applicants with a foreign license also a copy of the authorization certificate for specialist in emergency medicine or other relevant specialty recognition.
The closing date for applications is 23.59pm, Tuesday 3 April 2018.
For further information please contact tel. + 45 4732 14 01, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advertisement for the clinical research associate professorship is available from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen (http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/)
Stilling: Ledende overlæge
Sjællands Universitetshospital vil være pioner i det danske sundhedsvæsen og definere en ny, bedre og anderledes måde at drive et sundhedsvæsen på. Med overskriften ”Patienten er alt” implementerer hospitalet en ambitiøs strategi, som vil sætte en ny retning for fremtiden. Missionen er patienten, og visionen er suveræn kvalitet.Sjællands Universitetshospital er etableret som en organisatorisk enhed. Vi er således allerede nu i gang med at skabe et samlet og bedre sundhedsvæsen for regionens borgere og en spændende og udviklende arbejdsplads for medarbejderne. Når bygningerne i Køge står færdige i 2023, vil regionens specialiserede behandlings-, forsknings- og undervisningsaktiviteter være samlet her. Læs mere om Sjællands Universitetshospital på her.
- Ansøgningsfrist: 03/04/2018
- Stilling: Overlæge | Speciallæge
- Speciale: Akutmedicin | Anæstesiologi | Endokrinologi | Gastroenterologi og hepatologi | Hæmatologi | Infektionsmedicin | Intern medicin | Kardiologi | Karkirurgi | Kirurgi | Lungesygdomme | Nefrologi | Neurokirurgi | Neurologi | Ortopædisk kirurgi | Reumatologi | Urologi
- Gruppe: Diabetes | Hjerte-kar | Kræft
- Type: Hospital
- Sted: Sjælland
Publiceret for 4 måneder siden.
- Ansøgningsfrist er overskredet